Nigeria is on the verge of collapsing, if care isn’t taken, another warfare might erupt (God forbid). The rising wave of insecurity has gotten to a boiling purpose. it’s at this time that Nigerians expect our Law manufacturers to get on their toes.
The National Assembly ought to as matter of urgency start work on RESTRUCTURING Nigeria through the modification of the important components of the constitution. The failure to reply already has crystal rectifier the state into this raging regional self-determination chaos.
Any further delay in acting can presumably cause any of the following:
1. Military interrupting the democracy to require over the govt to revive order, of course, with sweeping consequences. they’re losing too several men.
2. Negligently permitting the regions to slide into the hands of hot-headed separatists United Nations agency, so far, haven’t shown clear governance and biological process arrange.
However, working on restructuring currently can empower the present political category and elite group in several government regions to assume management with very little harmful disruption with the soldiers restoring order. I counsel the subsequent actions immediately:
1. NASS leadership ought to instantly wake members up from in progress slumber to try and do their duties.
2. came upon a joint NASS Restructuring Committee
3. Meet associated win over Nigerian Governors’ Forum to line up regional committees covering broad interests to barter the transfer of crucial things on an exclusive list to simultaneous list and alternative federations problems.
4. Amend the constitution to replicate the new political realities of Nigeria.
5. we’ve Switzerland, Canada, the US, etc federation models to appear at to adopt what’s best for North American country given our peculiarities.
Northern Nigerian legislators and politicians ought to note that any arrange to frustrate the immediate restructuring of Nigeria at this crossroads can bring nothing however doom.